Tuesday, January 24, 2012

How did it get to be Tuesday?

I have absolutely no idea how it's been 4 days since I posted! It's been a really busy weekend, and a busy start of the week.

I did sorta bad yesterday, with donuts and a coke for breakfast :( I had my usual salad for lunch, with a babybel cheese wedge and a yoplait Key Lime Pie yogurt. That's pretty yummy, except it's a weird shade of green. We had tacos for dinner.

Today was slightly better. I'm not sure how many calories my peppermint mocha from my favorite coffee place was, but that was breakfast. Lunch was a Lean Cuisine with one of my favorite ice cream treats, a Smart Ones cookie dough ice cream bowl. It has 170 calories and it sooo yummy.

Dinner was this great deer chili recipe.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calories.asp?recipe=73524

Holy yum. I love chili, and we have a ton of deer meat we are using up. I still buy the occasional chicken breast package, but we have deer cut into tenderloins, steaks, roasts, and ground deer, so it pretty much covers all cuts of meat. Some studies say deer is even leaner than turkey, and has more protein too.

It doesn't say how much a serving is, but I guessed and dished out a cup with 3 saltines and a sprinkle of reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese. If you don't have any deer (and you probably don't), ground turkey is a great alternative. Ground beef is fine if you get a higher percentage of lean beef, say 90/10. But I'm so glad we have some super healthy meat already stocked up in the freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment