Friday, January 20, 2012

One week down!

Today marks a week since I started my process of losing weight, eating healthier, and exercising. So far, I feel pretty good about everything, except the exercising.

I hate exercising so much. I hate getting sweaty, having to shower and change clothes, finding somewhere to park, the machines, the embarrassment of not being able to keep up in class, all of it. I tried xbox working out, but after an hour and only about 100 calories burned, I got burned out. Everyone keeps saying, "you just need to find something you like!" Meh. I've tried it all. Work out games, dance exercise videos, step class, zumba, spinning, treadmill, elliptical. I hate them all. So this is something I've really got to work on. I packed my bag several days, only to end up going only once. It's just so frustrating that I know I want to lose weight, but working out is such a hateful event, that I slack off and lose no weight.

So whining over, I will focus on doing better next week. How did you do with any exercise goals you've set? I would love to hear some feedback on how to make things easier/better/whatever on myself.

Food wise, I feel really good about my food choices. Not a single fast food item or donut touched my lips in a week! I still have such insane chocolate cravings though, it's ridiculous. I did have chicken rotel for lunch one day, but otherwise I really stuck to my breakfasts and planned lunches. We had pizza for dinner one night, but I stuck to two slices (460 calories for two slices of ham and pineapple).

Tonight for dinner was this dish: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/italian-breaded-pork-chops/detail.aspx

I had originally figured it was pretty healthy. Just breadcrumbs and baked pork chops, but logging in to the site later (Shane was in charge of dinner tonight) I realized that one chop had 527 calories! What the what! So then I felt really guilty. But it was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment