Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cocoa Coconut Banana

IMAG0265

This little guy is a cocoa covered banana with coconut. It doesn't look as pretty as the original, but oh well! It's a fun little treat that I found on the eatingwell website.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/cocoa_nut_bananas.html

I did it a little different, because I didn't want four of them, and I'm a little confused by what's considered a serving from that website. Is one serving one of the bananas?

Anyway, I also bought those little small baby bananas instead of larger bananas, because those always go rotten too fast for me.


IMAG0266

So, here's my recipe, based off the eating well recipe:

1 baby banana
1 tbls coconut
1 tsp cocoa powder

Roll your banana in the cocoa powder, then top with coconut.

How easy is that?! As far as calorie counts go, the mini bananas did not have nutritional info listed, but 1 tbls of coconut (and I did use sweetened) is 35 calories, and 1 tsp of cocoa is 10 calories. It didn't satisfy my chocolate craving like I was hoping though, but it is a fun snack. Snack, not dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment