Saturday, January 14, 2012

Chocolate Mousse Dessert

I did some grocery shopping last night to kick off my eating better food plan. After a pretty painful payment at the check-out, I headed home to try out my first recipe.

Shane and I had gotten done with dinner, when a familiar feeling hit me: I want something sweet!

Armed with my newly purchased groceries, I set out making a super simple recipe from the Hungry Girl blog. I love the chocolate mousse shooters from Applebee's, but who knew those little shot glasses packed a 460 calorie punch?!

This is copied straight from the Hungry Girl blog, so I want to make sure I give credit where credit is due.

Double Chocolate Mousse Attack

Ingredients:

60 calorie chocolate pudding cup
2 chocolate mousse Jell-O Mousse Temptations
1 pack of 100 calorie Oreo wafers
1/2 cup fat free reddi-whip

Crush up the chocolate wafers. Put about a teaspoon of wafers into the bottom of two glasses/bowls. (This recipe makes two servings). Spoon a container of mousse each into the glass or bowl. Half of a pudding cup goes on top of each mousse serving. Sprinkle the rest of the wafers on top. Finally, top with reddi-whip.

The verdict: Very yummy! I mixed my mousse and pudding together to get more of a creamier texture, but it was delicious.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1525

No comments:

Post a Comment